- By a dedicated, wholly owned subsidiary
- SHINKAWA Electric has a wholly owned subsidiary, SHINKAWA Sensor Technology, Inc., that specializes in development and manufacture of displacement/vibration sensors, machine condition monitoring systems and analysis/diagnostic systems. With superior environmental resistance to high/low temperatures, high pressure, etc., our proprietary sensing technologies allow us to contribute to various industries in applications such as condition monitoring of small general-purpose rotating machinery to large turbines, safety operation of bullet trains (Shinkansen), etc.
- Top share in condition monitoring equipment market in Japan
- R&D department of SHINKAWA Sensor Technology Hiroshima Factory is responsible for research and development of products from vibration sensors for various rotating machinery, high accuracy noncontact displacement sensors for analysis/diagnostic systems. Every element of machinery condition monitoring, vibration/displacement sensors, monitors and analysis/diagnostic systems, are covered, keeping the top share in this market.
Sensing technology can be dramatically improved with development of new sensor materials. In cooperation with various research institutes, SHINKAWA has developed not only the base part, perpetually resistant alloy for eddy-current sensor coils, but also perpetually elastic materials, etc. These are used in many of our products and are highly valued in various industrial sectors.
- Flexibly responds to the needs of the present.
- The needs for sensing technologies is getting more and more diverse, and intelligent products are demanded. To meet such needs, we are conducting research on measurement systems with various working principles and development of special sensor materials.
Displacement sensor for levitation controller of Japan's first normal-conductive magnetically levitated linear motor car, low temperature/high pressure displacement sensor for monitoring shaft vibration of the engine turbo pump, the heart, of the Japanese rocket … SHINKAWA flexibly responds to the ever-changing needs, contributing to creation of a promising future.
To page top